Sunday, December 16, 2007

Meditation

I have quite a few letters stored up to read and reply to, the reason this takes me a while is that I like to take my time while doing it. Taking a table I will light the fire, take a good bottle of wine, settle down in a luxurious leather chair and carefully read through each letter, sipping the wine while I do and taking careful care to write a reply to each one in slow, careful handwriting. It is important to have these little luxuries and delights in life, and to make things that are otherwise mundane pleasures rather than simply chores.

Unfortunately this does mean I might have a little trouble getting replies out to everyone by the end of the month, but I will do my best.

I should be able to get at least a few written today, after going out for lunch and recovering from last night.

No comments: